Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Quick Christmas Craft

This morning I was browsing a few of my favorite creative blogs and I came across the paper banners that I sooooo love. I thought to my self, "Self, you can do this." So, I rummaged through my house, managed to get my finicky printer to work and presto...within 30 minutes had this:


Here's a close up (with all the imperfections) of one of the letters:


This is what I did: 

1. Print out letters (I was out of black ink....thus the rainbow of colors...but I kinda like it). I used a 650 size font and Bastia font. Use whatever you like. Cut out the letters. I left a small (uneven) white border.

2. I had a 12X12 pack of scrapbook cardstock that had 1 single hole punched at the top. I cut a random triangle and used it as a pattern for the 4 others that I needed. I made sure the hole punch was in the center of the top of the triangle. Glue the letters to the cardstock triangles.

3. Thread string, yarn, rope or whatever you like through the holes of your triangled letters. Be sure you put them in the right order. This might take longer if you allow your children to assist in the ordering of the letters ....just sayin'.

4. Space letters evenly and tie to nail or other surface. I had left over fabric from a rag garland I made last year and threaded it thru the hole punch for dimension and to add a little sturdiness. 

You could give it lots more embellishment if you like fancy smancy. I'm more simple primitive so this is it for me. 

Let me know if you try it. I'd love to see what you come up with!


1 comment: