Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 4 of 25 Days of Thanks

There is only one body.....the body of Christ. I've thought one million times about how hard it must be for people who do not belong to the body of Christ to go through tough, desperate or desolate times. The word lonely comes to mind.

I am thankful to be part of the body of Christ. The beautiful earthly depiction of Christ on earth. His hands, His feet, His words, His heart. Could there be anything more glorifying to God than a body that is functioning in perfect tune to His desires? Over the years God has allowed me to be part of a few local churches that have represented the body of Christ well. Whether through benevolence, or taking care of orphans, the sick or the wounded, or celebrating victories together, there is no sweeter time than those spent with the body of Christ.

In a world full of politicians that promote mudslinging and bickering and coaches that yell too much at their players and news reports that are more depressing by the minute, I am blessed and thankful for the beautiful body of believers that pulls together when things are tough, brings a casserole over when someone is sick, picks my kids up when I can't, is a phone call away at 10:30 at night and who loves me,  despite my faults, hangups, or personality (which may vary depending on the amount of sleep I've received), who cries when I cry and laughs when I laugh (ok...yes, sometimes at me).

Thank you God for your church...the beautiful body of Christ.
How 'bout you? What are you thankful for?

No comments: