Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day 24 of 25 Days of Thanks

Today I am thankful for today. So many times I imagine what a day will be like and it turns out nothing like I had anticipated. But today was exactly right. Bruce and Tucker headed to the church before 7am to put up Christmas decorations for this weekend. I stayed up and piddled. Mom got up and we sat and ate homemade banana bread and drank coffee and diet coke. The the guys went fishing midmorning and us girls baked in the kitchen and visited all afternoon. I made a taco salad for dinner,the guys cleaned the fish and the kids got bathed and played games.

It was a crazy good day....one that was exactly like I had hoped it would be...filled with lots of being together and laughter.

Thank You God for today!

PS...lest you think the day was perfect...I failed to mentioned that Tucker had a 3 hour nap that made him more bearable, he used his new TV tray as a shield while playing war with Savannah...and for more of his defense in war, he mooned her....and no, I couldn't even make up anything close to this...it's all truth!

No comments: