Thursday, November 11, 2010

Day 11 of 25 Days of Thanks

Teenagers make life interesting. I don't have any yet....but I've had my share of unbiological children come through my door in the last 16 years and there has NEVER been a dull moment.

Currently Bruce and I along with 5 or so other couples have the honor of working with some of the best teenagers ever! They're regular teenagers with their relationship woes, parental complaints and louder-than-this-38-year-old likes music (and I do like mine loud). But as regular as they are I see something wonderful happening in them that is making them anything but ordinary. They are a generation rising.

They serve in our church AWANA program, sing in the choir, help in the nursery, go on visitation, attend church regularly, witness to their friends, invite their friends to church, ask questions about the Bible and sing (that's my favorite). On Friend Day they brought MANY teens to hear about Jesus....and we might not ever know (this side of heaven) what decisions were/will be made as a result of that invitation.

I'm proud of their faithfulness. I'm honored by their trust. I'm in awe of the way they worship. I am motivated by their enthusiasm and most of all I am thankful that for this moment we are privileged to watch them grow.

1 comment:

Cooking Up Faith said...

Teenagers can really make a difference and do some pretty amazing things! I love the AWANAS program too!