Thursday, November 25, 2010

Day 25 of 25 Days of Thanks

It's hard to believe that 25 days ago we started this journey of thanksgiving. Now, here we are at Thanksgiving and there still so much I could write about to tell you I am thankful for. Isn't that just like God? Always piling on more blessings so that we can easily "rejoice evermore". I'm listing some things here that I haven't written posts on throughout this month but I am sincerely thankful for:

1. Living in a town with Wal-mart. This is the first time in 14 years that I've lived in the same town as the store. Formerly I've had to drive 25+ miles to support the Waltons. I gripe a lot about going there...but I'd rather have it than not...so for that convenience, I'm thankful.

2. People that pray for me. I know they're out there...sometimes they tell me they are praying and other times I can feel the presence of prayer working in my life and I just know someone is praying. This is very special to me.

3. I'm thankful for Savannah's piano teacher. Mr. Loren has the patience of Job and the ability to tune out lots of bad notes! But, nevertheless, Savannah has a deep love of music and he is helping to cultivate that.

4. I am thankful for terrific youth leaders at church who listen to kids when they are hurting, support each other through life altering circumstances and who have hearts as big as the world. They're awesome!

5. I'm thankful for God's complete forgiveness. I experienced it on the day of salvation...and everyday since.

6. I am thankful for the gift of music...how a song can lift my spirit, cause me to worship, deliver me from a bad attitude, get me to dancin' and start my toes a tappin'. Lately I've needed good music when the words haven't been there for me to speak. Good thing God understands the music of my heart!

There are many more that I could list, which indicates the abundance of God. He's working in our midst. We just have to slow down long  enough to hear and see.

If you've participated in the 25 Days of Thanks....Thank you! It's been such an encouragement to read your facebook status', blog entries and emails. Like me, I know  many of you have been motivated to live a more intentional life of gratitude. I'm looking forward to hearing from you regarding more wonderful things going on in your life.

No comments: