Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 2 of 25 Days of Thanks

Today I am thankful for seasons. In Texas we only have 2 seasons usually - summer and not summer. It's one of the things I miss most about my four years of college in Missouri - Distinct changes. Crisp fall mornings, bitter winter nights, melting snow on early spring days and warm...not blistering hot..summer afternoons. That's beautiful weather if you ask me.

But today I am thankful for the different seasons of life God has given me so far.

I'm thankful for the 10 years of married life that Bruce and I had alone. Those were great years that God allowed us to grow closer together, minister to teens, build a church, travel and devote countless late night hours scrapbooking, playing video games, counseling teens and going to ballgames. They were great years....and that is a season of life I will never forget. The people that filled our lives during that time remain in our hearts even today!

I am now thankful for the last 8 years God has given me to be a mother. This season is by far the most rewarding and satisfying so far (I think every mom would agree). I am so very thankful God allowed me to be a mom. I remember those sad feelings every Mother's Day when I was barren. I will probably always have a soft spot in my heart for those who walk in those shoes. My life with Savannah and Tucker is full and although I dreamed of having a large family when I was younger, God knew exactly what we needed when He gave us our two blue eyed kids. So while this season leaves me more tired, doing more laundry, more cooking, more cleaning, more running - it also leaves me feeling more than grateful for these little miracles, that, according to doctors were never suppose to be.


Thank you God for these special seasons of life.....help me cherish every moment.

What are you giving thanks for today?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Gina,

This is a terrific idea! I'm definitely going to use it on our family blog at jollyjansen.blogspot.com. I'm also going to follow you now!

What part of Texas are you in? I'm in Houston. I published an article yesterday about the benefits of teaching our kids gratitude...you can see it at http://HoustonParentsMagazine.com.

~Carla
jollyjansen.blogspot.com
HoustonParentsMagazine.com

Amy Sullivan said...

Gina,
Found you through MBC,

Today I'm thankful for a sweet girl who still loves to read with me and a crazy toddler whose favorite words are "up please". I'm thankful my husband made dinner...woo, hoo! And I'm thankful I could go vote.

Nice meeting you!