Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 21 of 25 Days of Thanks

I first discovered my love for laughter shortly after my daughter was born. She spent the first 90 days in the NICU and during that time experienced many firsts....and one of those firsts was her first little laugh....which produced a roll of laughter from me. I caught it on film and still chuckle every time I see that smile.

Since then, the addition of my son has increased the laughter volume in our home. He's a little comedian himself and desires an audience regularly. I willingly oblige. From his silly faces to his sincere desire to tell a joke and make everyone laugh, Tucker keeps us in stitches.

And do I even need to talk about my husband.....I mean really! Although half the time he doesn't know he is funny, our family and friends get regular comic relief.

I have lots of friends that provide me with lots of reasons to laugh....not at them...but with them. It's funny how we can go from laughter to tears back to laughter in just seconds....but that's how it usually happens. 

The Bible tells us a lot about laughter: 

Even in laughter the heart may ache, and rejoicing may end in grief.Proverbs 14:12-14 

A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.Proverbs 17:21-23 

I am glad that God tells us in Psalms 30:5 that weeping endures for the night but joy comes in the morning. In Psalm 23 God restores us...and not just a little bit....but until our cup runs over. That's what I call abundant joy! It doesn't surprise me that God is into doing things abundantly...He's anything but average! 


Thanks God....for the gift of laughter!



No comments: