Mom friends. You know the kind I am talking about. You have your mom. You have your friends. And you have your mom-friends. They're the ones you can talk to about all your mom issues....of course I am going to list a few:
1. Why your child refuses to potty train.
2. Why your body is falling apart after pregnancy.
3. Why a balanced diet has more to do with you juggling a baby bottle, baby and spatula than 1 meat, 2 veggies and a starch.
4. Why you chose a certain pediatrician.
5. Where to find the latest and greatest deals on everything from laundry detergent to Disney movies.
They're the ones who you call when you're overwhelmed, need adult conversation, are worried about something, need a good laugh, the husband is driving you crazy or you've locked yourself out of your car. They don't care that you talk to them while you are in the bathroom. They are probably there too. They don't care that it's late or early or that they have to practically yell so that you can hear them above the roar of children playing in the background. They're soul sisters. Kindred spirits. Your backup. Your emergency contact. Your prayer warrior. They don't care if you have makeup on or a clean house...let alone stain free clothing. In fact....they would much rather you just spend the time catching up over a cold cup of coffee and a burnt grilled cheese sandwich. They will watch your kids, your dog and feed your husband if you are out of town. They will share their secrets, their burdens and their triumphs...and at the end of the day you'll realize your life is fuller, richer and more because of them. I know mine is.
Thanks Mom-friends. Love ya!