Monday, January 31, 2011

January Wrap-Up

Well, well, well..... January is done. Possibly the longest month of my entire life. Yes, I am sure it has been.


I started 2011 off with some serious inner-examination and realized that there were some things that needed to change, so I jotted down those things, prayed about them, and then asked God to do His thing...because there is no way in my own flesh that I could accomplish not even one of the goals I had. All I heard him say was: Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:34. In other words....take it day by day. One step at a time. And so, I've sort of just embraced that Biblical standard this month.


Here are a few things that happened:


1. Went to the Dr. for checkup and got some less than good news. Have been taking meds and should know if they are working within the week. Taking care of myself has never been high on the priority list so I am extremely thankful that God gave me the courage, time, money and a wonderful Dr. God's also has given me tremendous peace regarding whatever may come of this and although there are brief moments of fear and doubt, I know He's got this.


2. Started meal planning every week. This not only helps me at the grocery store, it helps me to ensure that my family is eating healthier more balanced meals. I feel better for feeding them better foods.


3. I started working out...well, walking at the local gym. I logged 38 miles for the month. Who did? Yes....that was me!!! (When I think about that distance...the equivalent of my house to Paris, TX...I am just about speechless!!!!)


4. I limited myself to 1 diet coke a day. This took some getting used to, in fact for the first week I had the non-stop headache that most caffeine addicts have, but I'm good now....and probably in time, will get rid of them altogether. 


5. We paid off the last of our debt besides our home. I can't tell you how fabulous that feels!


6. I lost 15 pounds during this month. Attributed to claiming God's promises and sheer God-size self control (more like Spirit Control) and working out.


I have a very long way to go....too long to even think about....but taking it day by day sure makes the way seem less intimidating! 


Thank you Lord for your new mercies every morning and for your daily agenda for my life. You are good to me.

2 comments:

~Jaime~ said...

So proud of you! Keep seeking HIM in it ALL and you know you can't go wrong...HE will help you through! Look out February!! :)

Keelie said...

Praise the Lord for you. Awesome month.