Thursday, January 27, 2011

Qualities of P31

In a recent personal study of what a Proverbs 31 woman looks like I re-discovered a few things:

1. A Proverbs 31 woman is not lazy.
2. A Proverbs 31 woman is trusted.
3. A Proverbs 31 woman is not afraid to negotiate.
4. A Proverbs 31 woman is organized.
5. A Proverbs 31 woman is cherished by her family.
6. A Proverbs 31 woman is thrifty...not cheap.
7. A Proverbs 31 woman is a leader.
8. A Proverbs 31 woman is surrounded by wisdom.
9. A Proverbs 31 woman is an encourager.
10. A Proverbs 31 woman is a good time manager.

These were just a few of the thing that popped off the pages of God's Word today. No real surprises but a few good reminders. The world, the enemy and even our own flesh, get us in more messes because we don't remind ourselves of what godliness in a woman looks like. We do what feels good to us, what satisfies others, what brings temporary satisfaction to whatever we are at odds with...and we wonder why at the end of the day we don't have peace. It's because we aren't living up to the God standard. I was thinking if just these 10 things were things that I diligently worked on, then my life might look drastically different. My home might be more organized, I might take a second look at where my advice and council comes from, I might have a better attitude, I might shop differently, I might be bolder...and the list could go on and on. 

The P31 lady wasn't meant to make us mad, feel less than or second rate. She was given to us as a standard of excellence. Much like the Olympic runner. I'm not going to stop walking simply because I know I will never go to the Olympics....no....I continue to strive for a faster pace because I have a goal....not the Olympics but a personal goal. My best for the master. And my goal in becoming a P31 woman....the same....my best for the master. Whatever that is for me. I might not be buying a field or sewing something beautiful like she did....but the principles behind her motivation is the same...
.........Give Your Best.

How about you???? Giving it your all?

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Thank you so much Gina! That is something that I needed to hear.

F. Deaton said...

Great post! I think there is a lot of resentment felt on the part of Christian women today-feeling like we will never measure up to that mysterious P31 lady! It is a great example of what a godly woman looks like and I know I would do well to remember her more often!

Kathy said...

Great thoughts on the Proverbs 31 Woman, Gina. One day this week when I was having a horrible no good very bad day (Monday) Bethany wanted to read me Proverbs 31. I passed. Daniel wanted to read me Lamentations. I almost took him up on it! : ) Blessings.