Thursday, January 20, 2011

Revisited....

Tucker's got a new obsession with the classic Dukes of Hazzard. I remember as a child spending Saturday nights watching The Dukes with my dad and brother and sister (quite frankly, even now, I can't imagine that my mom would have approved...might be the reason I don't remember watching this with her). So now we have several hours of the poorly acted Duke brothers ....and of course...Daisy reserved for special after school viewing on our DVR. Tucker now runs around the house saying Roscoe P. Coltrain....he thinks it sounds sooo funny....and quite honestly it does!!!

I don't know what is funnier....watching the Dukes now as an adult or watching my kids sense of humor develop. It's just hilarious to see them "get the humor" in certain things. Savannah will repeat a commercial or a joke and finally she understands the punch line. And Tucker...well he hasn't quite mastered the knock knock joke, but it is comical watching him laugh at the slap stick humor on The Dukes.

So many of the old shows that I watched when I was a kid are back on TV Land or CMT or some other cable channel. Kind of nice to introduce my kids to my old favorites...Full House, Golden Girls, Family Matters.... What were yours?

1 comment:

F. Deaton said...

OH I LOVED Full House! And the Golden Girls. The Cosby Show is my favorite. I want to meet Bill Cosby!