Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Language God Hears

This morning at church one of our ladies sang a song. Another lady did the sign language to the song and although I don't know of anyone in our church who is deaf or severely hearing impaired (though there could have been someone there who was) the language of "sign" spoke to my heart. The way the interpreter used her fluid motions to illustrate by action the words of the song was a beautiful illustration of the creative ways God wants to use our talents.

Thankfully God hears and understands any language. English, Spanish, Sign, Grief, Heartache, Impatience, Hope, Love. He is able to interpret even the anguishes of our hearts. From the missionary to the miserable, to the hopeless, hopeful and heartbroken, He understands your language.

I know that even though I don't speak any one foreign language, that when I speak words of despair or doubt or anxiety or loneliness or praise or thanksgiving, God understands the real language of my heart....even when I don't know the words to say. He is the great interpreter. The master of all languages. He hears. He knows. He cares.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

So well said, Gina. Sometimes the visual of someone moving but not speaking bypasses "something" in our brain and goes straight to the heart. Mime is effective for the same reasons, I believe.

I know you and Bruce are such a blessing, and I pray the Lord will give unto you both a truckload of blessing and encouragement in the years ahead as you minister to others.