Monday, January 17, 2011

Meal Plan Monday

One of the things that I know will help me stay on track with my health goals and my financial goals this year will be to meal plan. So, I've spent a little time today looking up recipes, surveying family favorites and looking at nutritional guidelines...this ended up being a bigger task than I anticipated. But, I think I have 15 pretty easy meals for my family to partake of that won't send me up the scale....but rather down!

Daily: Cereal/Skim Milk (for me it will be Special K with Berries)
Lunch: Pepperidge Farms Deli Flat Bread with Turkey, mustard, pickles, spinach and tomatoes, and Sunchips or pretzels or three bean salad
Snacks: Apples, Oranges, Canned Pinnaple in it's own juice, whole grain pretzels, popcorn

Dinners:

Monday Night: Fam is eating Honey BBQ chicken, I am going out and will be eating a grilled chicken salad
Tuesday Night: Speghetti (whole grain pasta with lean ground beef, rinsed), Salad
Wednesday Night: Subway (veggie sub for me)
Thursday Night: Grilled chicken, green beans, cauliflower, baked sweet potatoes
Friday Night: I will be at a marriage conference and already know there will be Chicken Express there. I am planning on eating there, but will monitor portions.
Saturday: Pork Chops with Pinnapple, brown rice, broccoli and carrots
Sunday: Eat out....monitor portions and selections. Drink plenty of water!

What's for dinner at your house this week?

1 comment:

~Jaime~ said...

One night we'll have burritos with ground turkey. Spaghetti with whole wheat pasta and a large salad. Fruit smoothies the other nights (hubs will be gone) Portioning other things i.e. cereal etc.