Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 3 of 24 Days of Thanks

Whether it's family game nights, going to the movies, sitting in church together or eating a meal on the go...I am thankful for the time my family gets to spend together. One of the hazards of any job, but especially the ministry is that at the end of the day, you've spent your energy on everything else but those who are the dearest to you. I'm glad for a pledge that Bruce and I made to each other when we marriage....God first...family second...ministry third. We haven't always been perfect about this and we surely don't have an exact formula for making it happen...but we aim for it!

I'm thankful for the way God uniquely fashioned our family. A fun dad, a go-getter-mom, a smart fashionista, a mischievous boy....God balanced out our personalities, our gifts, our talents, our smarts :), our energy, our emotions. He designed us to perfectly fit.

Spiritually speaking, I'm thankful for the godly leadership Bruce provides for our family. He truly is the best man I know. He is kind, hardworking, loving, honest, wise, provides. Savannah is growing in her faith....learning to trust God with thunderstorms and the dark and learning to deal with pre-teen stuff and friendships. She'll take her first Lord's Supper at Thanksgiving. Tucker-man is asking all sorts of questions about God and sin and how could God love us....and I pray it won't be long before he calls on Jesus....a day I've praying for since his birth.

So today...and every day...I'm thankful for this wonderful family God designed. Thank you Lord!

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: