Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day 24 of 24 Days of Thanks

Three years of spending the month of November thanking God for His amazing blessings and gifts on my life...every year I'm reminded that I am such a small and seemingly insignificant part of this world...and yet, in Christ, He makes me worthy to walk as one of His own children. That's amazing to me!



So here we are at the brink of the month of celebrating Christ birth and I find myself where I am this time every year. How do I make the most of this season....this time when the world gives pause to remember the beauty of the biggest miracle in history. What are the things I can let go of to focus more on Him? How do I make sure the focus isn't on gifts, but, THE gift? What emphasis do I put on the fun, silly things that we do as a family? What about the financial end of Christmas and the stress many feel about the money spent? Where does it all fit in?



Thankfully as Christians, we have the opportunity to celebrate Christmas throughout the year....not just in December. We have the opportunity, but do we take advantage of it. What I am convicted about is just that. The issue of incorporating the birth of Christ all through the year. How can I live life with the birth of Christ in the front of my mind and heart? He isn't just the reason for this season...He's the reason for every season. During the month of December I'll be posting the things my family is doing to celebrate the season and also things we will be doing in the coming year to remember that the birth of Jesus isn't just something we remember for a few days a year....it's the very foundation of all the promises that prophets foretold. Christmas isn't just a day...it's everyday. Thank you God for the gift of your Son!


No comments: