Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 11 of 24 Days of Thanks

For the first time in a long time we have nothing on the schedule this Saturday morning. It was so nice to ignore the urge to set the alarm last night! When I awoke this morning and it was still dark outside I didn't have to wonder what time it was...because...it didn't matter!

I'm thankful for the rest God provides us. Whether we take it or not is our choice...that's the freedom He gives us, but He does know what is best for our bodies and our souls. He provided us His example in creating that 7th day for rest. There's no reason to feel guilty for taking this day if I've worked hard this week taking care of the things God told me to! So today...resting a little this morning....enjoying the cuddles of two kids...the late start for Bruce at the church....the cartoons...and a slower pace.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: