Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Day 2 of 24 Days of Thanks

I'm thankful for God's Word and the way it has changed my life. To think in a small leather bound book, God has given me the words that I need to be equipped to live my life on earth. His instruction book has the answer to every question I have, it's the play book, the planner for every little thing I encounter. It's wisdom goes far deeper than the well meaning advice of a friend. It's correction is longer lasting that the rod of a loving father. It has the power to convict, train, admonish, encourage and change people. It's the words He wants us to live and love by. It's full of commands and adventures and romance and advice and love and grace and mercy and forgiveness.

These past few months I've learned how important it is to stay true to the plays that are outlined in God's Word. It's hard to do what's right. It doesn't always feel good. It's sometimes the least convenient thing to do. It violates my human fleshly desires. But God has a plan..and our responsibility is to obey and do the things He has commanded.

I'm grateful His word measures everything. His very word...spoken to me!

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: