Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day 22 of 24 Days of Thanks

Family...the ones by blood and the ones by heart. I'm very fortunate to have had both with me for the Thanksgiving Day festivities. With 14 precious souls seated around the table I could not help but think how blessed I was. We shared food and more food, we shared our thanks, we shared our traditions. But most of all we shared love for each other and made a memory to cherish forever.

My sister spent Thanksgiving with us....a rare treasure. We enjoyed her so much. A single man, new to our church also spent the day with us. Bruce's family was in attendance as well as friends who will soon leave to go to the mission field. It was a wonderful day of noisy laughter, newspaper ads, nerf gun wars, movies and football....and eating...and eating...and eating!

Although I'm missing getting to spend the holidays with my mom and the rest of my family this year, I am thankful that God has given me my own family and always gives me an adopted family to share these days with. It doesn't replace them (how could it?) but it reminds me that we are not ever alone really, when we are part of the family of God.

No comments: