Saturday, November 19, 2011

Day 17 of 24 Days of Thanks

Yesterday I had the opportunity to spend a little time with my students and their grandmothers at Muffins for Mom at school. Nothing thrills me like seeing good parents interact with their kids. Watching each mom sit quietly with their child for some one on one and muffins sure made me thankful for their participation in their own child's life. 

I love that God pieces our earthly families together. He knows just how the puzzle should look. His grace and patience as we work the puzzle must be enormous...especially in those early years of child rearing where there's lots of diapers and not so lots of sleep! 

I'm thankful for my little family. As a young married woman I wished for more kids than I have now, but God knew the future. He knew the struggles, the heartache and the pain that was ahead and He knew how He would be most glorified. I'm thankful for the extreme joy He's given us through our kids and the wonderful gift they are to us. 

No comments: