Saturday, November 21, 2009

Day 20 of 26 Days of Thanks

Day 20



God's blessed me with 2 incredible siblings.
Today I celebrate with thanksgiving the blessing they are in my life.

Andy, my brother is going to be a daddy for the first time in just a little over a month. Somewhere around Christmas time he and his bride, Jan, will welcome Sydney Claire into the world...
and I will be an aunt...finally!
Andy is a pretty special guy. He's an incredibly hard worker, loving husband, loyal brother and kind friend. He's a good uncle to my kids and a great bro-in-law to my  hubby. He's been more than generous to me in my life. I know he will make a great dad.
I'm praying a blessing of huge proportions for him this Thanksgiving season.

My sister Amy has been somewhat dismayed that I haven't already mentioned her during these 20 days...but to be honest, she's a Georgia Tech fan, and being a UGA fan myself (if I have to choose), it's been difficult to watch her go down such a devastating path!
But, seriously, I am thankful for Amy's lively personality, dedication to her family and giving heart. She volunteers with a food pantry and other services that help those in need in her commnunity and has even organized some food drives at work. She looks for ways to help out where they are concerned.
Although there are 5 years between Amy and I, she and I were extremely close as children, She called me her "best buddy" for years....she also told me everything I was going to get for my birthday the night before I turned 12!!!

I'm blessed. God placed these two incredible people in my life for a reason.
Whatever that is - I am so fortunate that they are mine.

No comments: