I had seen this over at The Nesting Place and knew I wanted to try to make one to give away...(or to keep if it turned out too darn cute!)
1. Start with fabrics that you love. I chose these calicos at Walmart for $2.00 a yard and got 1 yard of each. (the ones on the bottom, folded, are the calicos) The rolls of fabric were in the clearance bin.
2. Convince a sweet, handsome almost 4 year old boy to be your assistant
(No...you can't borrow mine if you don't have one!)
3. Cut your fabric into about 6-8 inch strips. No, I didn't measure...just guesstimate...If you cook, you know what I am talking about.
4. I used a twine rope leftover from my assistant's halloween costume to tie my strips onto.
5. Keep tying until you reach the volume you want for your garland....then tie some more!
In the end you'll have a pretty ragamuffin garland to give away....
or to keep!
(Seriously this is for my daughter's room...her JOJO gave her a smashing quilt for her new room that this will match perfectly....more pictures soon!)
*I'll be making more of these...for some of my friends for Christmas.
*I thought it would take more fabric than it did. I have enough fabric to make at least one more with just the fabric shown in the picture at the top of this post.
FUN! FUN! FUN!