Sunday, November 1, 2009

26 Days of Thanks



November...my favorite month of the year. Cooler weather, chili simmering on the stove and a fire in the fireplace. It's also the month that contains my favorite holiday ever. Yep...that's right, Thanksgiving.
During November, I am challenging myself to blog a thankful expression everyday til Thanksgiving. I'd love for you to join me as ofter as possible. You can blog it at your own site or leave a comment on any day you can. I hope that whether here or there...you'll take a little extra time to give thanks for all your wonderful blessings.

Day One

I am thankful for a relationship with my Savior. This might be an obvious first day gratitude, but truth is, I am not nealy as grateful as I should be. When I think about all He has done for me, really nothing else matters.

As a five year old child, sitting in an AWANA Sparks lesson, I remember understanding my need for a Savior to take my black-sinfilled heart and make it pure white with His red blood. I believed on Jesus that Wednesday night.

As a teenager I remember His voice wooing me as I sat at the Bill Rice Ranch in Murfeesboro, TN and understanding He wanted my life for His service in a special way.

As an adult, over and over the Savior has led my steps, covered my mistakes with His righteousness, taught me His ways and forgiven my many sins.

I'm thankful everyday, but sometimes I'm not thankful enough...to share Him with someone new, no tell of His greatness, to spend time with Him, to acknowledge His presence.

I'm eternally thankful He is patient with me.

How are you thankful for the Savior today?



No comments: