Monday, November 2, 2009

26 Days of Thanks Day


Day Two

One this second day journey of thanks, I am thankful for Bruce, my hubby. If you know me at all you know that I'm fairly independent and pretty much low maintanence when it comes to relationships or at least that's what I try to exude! Thankfully 17 years ago, Bruce saw through all that....and now 16 1/2 years of marriage later, I find myself comfortably dependent (in a good way) on the man who stole my heart.

It's funny. I didn't start out with "love and first sight". It was more friends from the start and then, one day, I realized I had fallen for my best friend. I knew I didn't want another man. I only wanted him. In fact, once I knew that I was falling for him that way...I flat out told him. I had dated around enough to know. This wasn't someone I wanted to give up....or let getaway!

So, June 19th, 1993, on a hot summery Juneteenth Day...in ATL, Ga, we said I do....and I still do.

We've made a bundle of memories....from living in a cinder block apartment while we were in college, to experiencing infertility, miscarriages and the birth of our two miracle children...and all the inbetweens...God has been abundantly clear that together we make a better team than alone.

This past year after being a senior pastor for 12 years, Bruce resigned the church we were at. I have never admired him more...or trusted his walk with the Lord more than the day he resigned. It was the most difficult and best thing he has ever done. Sometimes God calls us to do hard things and that day I saw him walk out his faith. I saw him put full force dependence on the God that we say we serve. I will never forget it. Since then, God has miraculously supplied all our needs...a job, a move, another house, a new church...not to mention the things that really matter....hope, peace, love and more.

Thank you God- for sending me Bruce...He is just what I needed...a friend, a lover, a servant, faithful, loyal, kind, giving. He's a great mate and a terrific father...I am so proud of everything you are doing in His life and so thankful I am part of the work in progress.

Are you thankful for someone special in your life? Leave a comment below!

Click 26 Days of Thanks  for instructions on how to participate...and let me know if you're joining in!

1 comment:

Heart2Heart said...

Gina,

What a great post to start off with the beginning of November. This is a great tribute to your wonderful hubby. God truly does make great gifts in our hubby's.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat