Saturday, November 7, 2009

26 Days of Thanks

Day 7:



Today I am thankful for my health and the health of my family. I am sure I take this way too much for granted, but as someone who almost died giving birth to my firstborn (and no, I'm not kidding) and has been physically hit by two moving vehicles (not kidding again), I should have a more clear appreciation for the breaths that God gives us.

Bruce and Tucker are sick right now and it's just miserable watching them hurt, but I realize that there are many, many people who live with greater sickness daily. I am thankful that we only struggle with the common cold, seasonal allergies and the occansional ear infection. I'm thankful that although Tucker had stitches twice in two week when he was one year old, that God protected him from anything more serious...and do hope and pray that the circle of God's protective arms will be around him all his days....'cause he is all BOY!

I'm thankful for Savannah's health and that all of her birth conditions have healed themselves (God healed them!) and that she has caught up and actually registers now on the growth chart as an average kid.

Thank you Lord for taking care of my family. Thank you for watching over their bodies and physically protecting them from harm. Thank you for being the great physician...and for providing the ultimate healing for anyone who wants it in this sin sick world.

What are you thankful for today?

No comments: