Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Bread Box



It was bread making day at our house today. I was hoping for better results than last week's fiasco when I accidently used shortening that had soured. Talk about looked beautiful, tasted disgusting....I'm tellin' you...totally gross.

Today's venture was much more successful as I used a food-proof Banana Nut Bread recipe that I've used forever (insert angels singing here). Of course, it's from The Taste of Georgia cookbook, which as the picture testifies....has seen better days perhaps!

The bread box in the background is a piece that my dad made around 30 years ago. My mom just passed it down to me while I was home this last time. I love it, and it fits nicely into my farmhouse country decor too.

As far as the bread is concerned. It just needs a good slathering of butter or cream cheese and it'll be fit for a king....or queen...I can't wait!

2 comments:

Its So Very Cheri said...

And you didn't share your amazing fit for a king recipe with me????why oh why--the humanity of it all...

Cheri

Journaling Gina said...

It's comin' Cheri! Next week...I promise!