Tuesday, June 11, 2013

5 years

It's been five years since I started blogging. June 7, 2008, marked my first blog entry. So much has changed and so much has stayed the same...

Changes...

Well, I'm older...and hopefully a little wiser. I've gone from writing for myself, to thinking about the audience of reader's that occasionally or regularly visit this space. My life has changed as I am now mothering an almost 11 year old and a 7 year old. We don't talk diapers and bottles...but rather Taekwondo and iPods. We've gone through some trials and some mountaintop experiences and while I haven't shared every intimate detail on the blog, those experiences have shaped my writing and my heart. I will never be the same.

The Same..

I still feel incredibly blessed to be a wife, mom. The main reason I even starting writing this was so that in some way there would be a written legacy for my kids. I want them to see the struggle, the pain, the joy, the good times and learn from what God taught us. I still write what I know....and most of the time that has something to do with my family, friends or church. I'm still sorry for anything embarrassing that I may share from time to time about them....but hey, that's part of the memories, right? God's is still faithfully guiding each step of the journey. I still trust Him..although I don't always understand. Thankfully that's not a prerequisite. I'm pretty sure the tone of the blog will stay the same. I like to think about us sitting down to a diet coke at my kitchen table and just catching up. Hopefully something said will minister to your heart and bind us together to the Savior more.

So what's in store for the future...probably more about my family than you might want to know. God's allowing me to stay home full time now and so there's actually stuff going on here that I'm not sure goes on other places...so I might need your help. I can assure you there's going to be some talk about church...and ideas for ministry and there's going to continue to be a lot of talk about Jesus. Because without Him there'd be nothing for me to write about. There's going to be some grammar mistakes, some run on sentences, misplaced punctuation and spelling errors. And there's going to be homeschool talk and gardening and homemaking and crafting and Bible Study and parenting talk.

Goals...

I'd like more conversations in the community we are building here. I'd like to know if you resonate with something I write or if you think it's crazy and off the wall. I can handle it. I'd like to know how to pray for you or encourage you. I'd like to know more about my readers. So..drop me a line...or leave a comment.

Thanks for the five years...I can't imagine what things will look like in 5 more!

No comments: