Friday, January 16, 2009

New Years Resolutions Update

It's been two weeks. New Years has come and gone. My family has celebrated 2 birthdays (hubby and sister)and life is back to what we call "normal" around here.

I'm making some headway on my new year goals. One biggie is getting my home more organized. Here's what's gotten organized so far:

1. Kitchen Drawers....cleaned out...threw away kitchen utensils that were old and gave away ones that I never use.

2. Kitchen Cabinets...switched around where I keep some things to make things easier to get to and more effiecient. Got a spice rack installed.

3. Reorganzied one side of my fairly large pantry.

4. Rearranged playroom so that toys are out of sight yet, still available for the kiddos to play with them.

5. Cleaned out Savannah's dresser and dressing table. Got rid of clothes that were stained, not the right size or socks, for instance, that had no matches. Gave a load of stuff to someone on freecycle.

6. Bruce cleaned out his closet (had Christmas all over again ...his words ...not mine!)

So, it's been a pretty productive 2 weeks. I'm hoping to get more done before the end of the month...and then there's that thing about keeping it organize once it's actually organized. Small steps in the right direction are good though!

No comments: