Sunday, January 4, 2009

4-5 year olds

There is a wonderful book I read many years ago called Everything I Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten and the longer I live the more I think I believe that to be true!

On Sundays during our Bible Study hour at church I teach the 4-5 year olds. If you know me, you know this is not really my forte' but it's where I feel I am best used and where God has placed me for now. I have about 6 kids that come on a very regular basis. Today I only had 3 though, which lent itself to a little more conversational type lesson and discussion. During the course of the hour, the subjects of birthdays came up and I made mention that Pastor Bruce's birthday was Wednesday. I asked them what they thought I should get him. Here are their responses:

1. A fuzzy reindeer blanket

2. A Water bottle (and then added..."if he works out"
and then...one little girl said:
3. Beer (and suggested he put it in the water bottle while he worked out)

I about hyperventilated there in my class. Kids are funny!

No comments: