Thursday, January 19, 2012

Making Cents

This week I've priced over 100 children's garments to be placed in a consignment sale in March. I've been saving them up for a while and then I found a couple of boxes of baby clothes in the shed...I decided it was high time. Good gravy. I'm really wondering if it's worth it. By the time I print the tags, buy the safety pins, rummage up some hangers and make sure that everything is relatively wrinkle free I'll be second guessing myself for sure.

But, I made a kind-a-sorta goal to try to manage our money better this year and I think this is an easy way that I can recoup some money for S and T's summer clothes. I love the thought that I might not be out any $$$ for their summer clothes!

If you're in East Texas, check out Sellebrate Kids. It might be just the thing you're looking for to sell or buy used kids clothing.

Do you resale you're kid's clothing? Where? Consignment? Garage Sales? EBay? I'd love to hear your tips!

1 comment:

The Caldwells said...

They don't have garage sales here (sadly-- i'd love to see some $$ returned for the clothes that aren't that "used"), but they usually have a community flea market. However, they don't do a lot of clothing. I usually give my stuff to a family I know needs it or just pass it along to friends with kids the same age. God has been gracious and every time someone else has passed clothes on to me for my boys. The blessings come full circle! Hope you get some $$ for summer clothes.