Thursday, January 5, 2012

It Was Sew Easy

My sister in law got me a small Brother Sewing Machine for Christmas. I am thrilled. I've sewn very little but most of the things that appeal to me are very simple. I was thrilled when I was actually able to follow the directions and get the thread and bobbin ready to use in the machine! I kid you not, growing up when I was learning a little sewing from my mom, I could never thread the bobbin.

For Christmas one of my students gave me a gift card to Hobby Lobby so of course I went there to pick out my fabric for my first little project...cloth napkins (my mom would be so proud). I cut an 18 inch square and folded the edges down twice to make a total of a half inch hem.

Here's the finished product:


If you're a seamstress, do you have any suggestions on another easy sewing project for me? Or, what's been your favorite sewing project ever?

2 comments:

Melissa Vaughan said...

If you look at my pintrest board "crafts" I have a really easy scarf out of an old t-shirt tutorial that could give you some experience with your machine and also a really cute scarf. I LOVE reading your blog!

Nancy Anderson-Morris said...

Your MOM is soooooooooooo proud!