Friday, February 4, 2011

February Goals

Goal setting...it's Biblical. Run the race...press toward the goal....press on.... Proverbs 13:16 says,"A wise man thinks ahead; a fool doesn't and even brags about it!" So with that in mind, here are a few goals I have for the month of February.


Spiritual: 


  1. Read the book of Proverbs and journal the things the Lord points out to me.
  2. Read The Me Project by Kathi Lipp
Physical:


  1. Walk 50 Miles
  2. Eat Healthy
  3. Lose 5 pounds (at least)
Family:


  1. Pray with kids more...not just at bedtime or meals. More when disciplining and teaching and correcting.
  2. Edify and pray for Bruce more.
  3. Teach Savannah to scramble eggs.
  4. Get new tires for Tucker's bike and help him learn to ride without training wheels.
  5. Continue Meal Plans
Household:


  1. Organize laundry room.
  2. Get back porch ready for spring.
  3. Buy Easter decorations for year round tree and decorated by end of month.
  4. Change Air-Heat Filters Out
Financial:


  1. Save money for missions conference.
  2. Coupon more.
  3. Get the kids Savings Accounts transferred to SS


So now that this is all neatly typed out, I guess I should get busy and start on something. 


I'd love to hear what you're working on for the month. Leave a comment below!

2 comments:

Keelie said...

Eek! Setting realistic goals is a great thing. i haven't done mine for February. I like the way you have them divided up. FP4H suggests setting goals in the spiritual, emotional, physical and mental areas of our life. I always have troubel setting "emotional" goals..Hmmmm..

Kathy said...

O.K., now you've gone to meddlin'!!! : ) Goals: Hmm. Umm. Well. Uh. o.k. what are they:

The biggest: consistent school week. Allowing less interruptions. I am also working on being more frugal (but not cheap!), and keeping my pantry clean. Goals are like toy tops to me. I get one spinning and then add another, and then another, and try, with my Father's help, to keep them all going.