Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Talk To Me Tuesday

I'm thinking about the summer....dreaming of July 1, when mine really starts (last day of work!) But just as soon as I start dreaming....it turns into a nightmare...You know. It goes something like this:

We sleep in a little later, eat a leisure breakfast, do a few chores, play outside before the blistering temperatures get the best of us. Then we eat lunch, read a little....and then........WHAT? It's 2 in the afternoon and 150 degrees outside. What do we do?

That's what I want to know. How do you beat the summer afternoons (or mornings) of boredom with your kids? I want to know!

Talk to me....(AKA...leave a comment)

5 comments:

Terri said...

We go to the city pool ALOT during the summer! We also go skating and to the movies(when there's something good on!)
Water balloons are always fun!
Basically anything that has to do with water is always a winner!

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking the same thing! I don't have it all planned out yet, but I've already shared with the kids that we are not going to be wasting our summer away on laziness! Something tells me that because I stated that out loud, we will struggle most with that! Let us know what you come up with!

Heart2Heart said...

Lots of water play, sprinklers, pools, lakes, beaches, waterslides, water parks and movie matinees.

Hope that helps!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

F. Deaton said...

We take every day a bit slower. We watch movies at home, sleep in, play in the water in the back yard, nothing too extravagant. Bubbles are fun! I told you if you will finance it, you can put a pool in my backyard and come use it anytime-just make sure your hubby leaves his speedo at home, lol!

Kathy said...

We don't have a pool, but we have a great sprinkler system that workss well in a pinch! We also head north to the beautiful creek about 2 hrs from our home. This year, we'll add in swimming lessons. Additionally, a local church here has a rec center/roller rink, and for $3 per person you can skate for a few hours in a slightly dimmer airconditioned room. May have to go out and purchase some elbow pads, and enjoy! : ) Blessings on your summer, Gina. Thanks for making this blogging year a pleasure for your readers! : )