As stated previously I hosted a garage sale on Friday. Here are a few things I learned:
1. When you say your sale starts at 7:30am....it means your sale starts at 6:30am.
2. Price all the kids clothes at 25 cents and they will sell.
3. Live on the corner....ideal for garage sale traffic
4. Older women who like flowers, might stop and ask if they can dig some up....or perhaps nearly fall into your pond in order to get the right colored water lily.
5. Said woman, might also try to pay you for water lilies and other flowers, and if you graciously refuse, she could possibly end up groping you when she tries to put the money down your shirt. Say it with me...."AWKWARD!"
6. Old family friend of husbands might show up. Complete stranger to you and ask your age and the age of your children...you believe he is a complete stranger until he mentions your father in law's toupee flying through the air years ago....and then you know he must know your husband's family.
7. Garage sales are much more fun if your friends stop by to hang out.
8. When your friends kids and your kids decide to play in the pond....chances are you are going to end up with some dead fish.
9. When the weather man says 50-70% chance of thunderstorms...he doesn't always know what he is talking about.
10. Sometimes you should just give something away.
Really it was a great day for a sale. We all made a little extra cash....but the fellowship and laughs were worth so much more!