Sunday, May 3, 2009

Fabulous Fam


My family is spending time in Atlanta with my mom, brother, sister in law and sister and her new boyfriend. It's been a year since I've been in Georgia...and boy have I missed being together with everyone. You don't realize what you are missing when miles seperate you, but when we are together it doesn't take long for me to be wishing we lived closer.

Each member brings something unique to the family table. My mom us certaily the matriarch of our family. What she says goes. We all, in our own way, look after her...and in her very motherly way, she looks after her adult children. Always with wise counsel on her lips, her words have saved all of us from making some pretty crazy decisions.

Andy, my younger brother by 2 years, took on the fatherly role when my dad passed away 18 years ago. He knows just about everything about everything. He is a real genuis...and I'm not joking. He is the smartest person I have ever met in my life. He is kind, loving and didn't do too shabby in the wife department either. Jan arrived on the scene four years ago and married Andy. She's organized, a great cook, a perfectionist and a great aunt to my kids. I can't wait to recipricate one day!

Amy is 5 years younger than me. She is the baby of my parents trio of children. She would have you to believe that she was mistreated as a child, she thinks she was punished for every mischievious action Andy and I did...and she might be right. Somehow we did find ways to pass the buck. Amy's strong personality and opinions bring lively discussions to the table- but by the time desserts are served...she has usually piped down and we are all talking about something less stressful! She's brought Christian onto the scene. He's a great guy and we look forward to getting to know him better.

I'm enjoying spending this time with my family. It's so obvious the love, support and encouragement that oozes within these walls. All for one and one for all!

No comments: