Tuesday, July 5, 2011

An adventure

I'm headed out in a few minutes to meet up with a friend to go survey some land and an area of my neck of the woods that is enveloped in poverty, drugs, alcohol and all the crime and sin that goes along with those things. I'm pretty excited to see what God is going to show us.

On my trip to Peru the one thing that God kept whispering to me over and over was, "Look around".....Sometimes I get so engrossed in my own little world of kids, husband, church, friends, school....that I fail to look around and I mean REALLY look around and see the needs within an hour of me. So, today is the first step in that direction.

And in God-like fashion....he gave me a friend who is equally excited to see where this journey will take us. Hopefully there will be something to report on when we return!

No comments: