Saturday, July 9, 2011

Compromised

The other night I was trying to access my email from my "smart" phone and I repeatedly received a message that said my connection to the server was disabled. I am no techie, so my solution was to get the laptop out and see if I could access my account from there. So, I tried to log in and got this beautiful message:

YOUR ACCOUNT MAY HAVE BEEN COMPROMISED. CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD AND LOG IN AGAIN. FOR YOUR ONLINE SAFETY THE FOLLOWING APPS HAVE BEEN DISABLED: (and then it listed 4 of my most used apps for my phone)

I created a new password, logged in and reset my apps to my phone and within a few minutes all was well. Thankfully!

I was thinking about the message I received....how it is so true to real everyday life.

Don't you wish you could get a message when relationships were compromised....something that said BEWARE...UNSAFE...DANGER....BE CAREFUL? Something that would alert you to be more careful with your heart, your secrets, your pain? Something that would warn you to disable your soul and reset your passwords so people couldn't stomp all over your heart? Don't you wish it were as easy as changing a password, logging in and resetting your apps? Me too.

But the wonderful thing about hurt and heartache is that Jesus has already been down the road and set an amazing perfect example for how we are to live when we feel life has hacked its ugly way through and stolen our valuable information. If anyone knew about being used up, taken advantage of, hurt, heartache and pain, I think we can all agree, Jesus did. Here's what he had to say:

John 16:33- “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”


He also, in the very face of death, asked God to forgive those who nailed Him to the cross....those whose sin put Him there, those who mocked, who spat, who laughed. He said, "Father, forgive them....for they know not what they do." 

When you feel taken advantage of, it's true, most of the time the offender has no idea what they are really doing to you... they haven't thought ahead to how it's going to make you hurt or cry or how many hours you will spend wrapped up in the heartache of words or action. And many times, their actions weren't really thought out....they reacted in the flesh...did what felt good for the moment, did whatever made them look good and they didn't think how hurtful it would be if you knew....or if you found out...or if you heard. They...know not what they did.

So, if you're hurting, or struggling with hurt, Jesus says....expect it...but know that I have overcome it...I've conquered it. I've taken care of it. Rest in His peace. Forgive without being asked to and move forward. After all...someone did that for me and you...Jesus...our sins put him on the cross...we spat, mocked, laughed...we did it....and he begged to God for our forgiveness...he bled for our forgiveness....he gave his breath and life for our forgiveness. Thank you Jesus!

No comments: