Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Sometimes when things aren't going as you had originally planned, it seems hard to give thanks. I think this is just another trap we get sucked into by the enemy because in those moments of suffering or trial, thanksgiving eases the pain. It's like an ibuprofen for your soul. So this weeks list comes after a little wading through the rough waters and soul searching that disappointments bring. Does that make it a more important list than last week? I doubt it, just a little more thoughtful. So with that, here's what I'm thankful for this week:

1. I am thankful for the blessing of teaching a wonderful group of women each Sunday. We are doing a crash course about what God's Word says about 13 topics that women are interested. We're covering everything from money to motherhood to emotions. It's crazy fast and we have to hang on for our lives because we are covering so much material in a short amount of time.....BUT...it's all worth it to see their eyes light up when they grasp a new truth from God's Word....and to top it all off....I am learning so much by teaching it!

2. I am thankful for my husband. He is hardworking, positive, loving, patient, great with our kids and most of all he loves the Lord with all his heart.

3. I am thankful for the summer off. This will be the first summer in over 10 years that I have the entire summer to spend with my kids. What a gift!

4. I am thankful for diving appointments that interrupt my schedule. God's plan is always better than my appointment book!

5. I am thankful for food that was raised in our community for the food pantry that I help with.

I'm feeling better just typing all this. Giving thanks lifts the spirit and reminds me of the goodness of the Lord always....not just when I feel it or when I recognize it. But always.

What are you thankful for today?

2 comments:

Kathy said...

This morning I am thankful for His new mercies; The kind where I can reach my bucket in, and pull out a pail full of the freshness of His presence, no matter what.

I have been overcome by disappointment and sorrows as of late-so unlike me.It's been such a lingering feeling. But this morning-a breath and new life. I'm trusting God. Thank you for this post to which I can definitely relate.

Journaling Gina said...

Been struggling with the same things Kathy! Hope you are feeling more encouraged! I know praising helps me evaluate my thoughts and weigh them against the truths of God's Word.
Happy Weekend!