I'm beginning a challenge that is prompted by reading Ann Voskamp's book, One Thousand Gifts. The art of gratitude is beautifully displayed in Ann's masterpiece writing and has prompted me to live a more grateful life....looking for everyday gifts in the midst of our heartaches, our schedules, our burdens, our fears. So in no particular order or amount, I plan to journal one by one my (at least) one thousand gifts. Want to join me? I think you'll be glad you did!
1. A nourished people sorting food for hungry people.
2. Generosity modeled in deed
3. Laughter and silliness with friends
4. "I love you" and sleepy hugs
5. Spring showers
6. Summer break
7. Plastic rodeo toys and time with the boy
8. Toenail polish and time with the girl
9. Forgotten flowers planted last year now blooming this year
10. Cringing sounds from the piano that will one day bring beautiful music
11. Chinese food, Ronnie Milsap and ice cream....double date night with friends.