Well, I am at the end of the first week of trying to take better care of my body. Here's a few things I learned along the way...
1. 2 packages of oatmeal for breakfast are amazingly satisfying...and can get me to noon before I want anything else. (Yes, I know all the other values to eating oatmeal...but essentially for me, is that I feel "full" and don't want to eat a dozen donuts between 10:30 and 11:00am.) Just sayin.
2. 2 apples a day also help satisfy my hunger issues, plus gives me a little something sweet.
3. Unsweet Tea with a Hint of Peach helped me get through my diet coke withdrawals.
4. I did eat out 2 times, once at Arby's and once at Sonic. At Arby's I got a turkey sandwich and an unsweet tea and at Sonic I got a chicken strip wrap and water. No fries, no onion rings, no tater tots, no curly fries....you get the picture.
5. I ate whatever I fixed my family..I just ate a reasonable portion. I didn't eat a second helping except for green beans one night.
My 1 treat to myself this week was 2 pieces of homemade banana bread. Yummy!
I will post my pounds down results on Monday morning.
I'd love to hear what you are doing to stay or get healthy in 2010...leave me a comment!