Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Gifts....Thankful Thursday

A few things that I'm especially thankful for this week:

1. I found a $100 Lowe's gift card I had misplaced over 2 years ago. Ironic that I found it just a few days after I started deep cleaning my house and needed to buy little things like the blind wand that broke off the wood blinds 2 years ago, the toilet paper holder thing-a-ma-jig that holds the tp between the actual holder (that was specific wasn't it?), a shoe organizer, lightbulbs and a plastic shelving unit for my laundry room? I think not.

2. For the 10 potatoes that I dug up out of my garden. I know, I know....not a big yield....but still, after all they survived to just be with us today...2 late winter freezes, being mowed down not once, not twice...but three times...well, I think they deserve a standing ovation!

3. For the $25 pool that is making the summer more fun for the kids. Sure it's a glorified kiddie pool but it's already paid for itself by providing countless hours of fun for them. And it's cool and wet!

4. For the encouragement of God's Word. I've been revisiting some of my favorite Psalms in preparation for substitute teaching in Sunday School and I'm more convinced than ever of God's goodness, faithfulness and overwhelming protection over my life.

What are you thankful for today?

Thankful Thursday and One Thousand Gifts

2 comments:

Ms. Kathleen said...

Love all your thanks - especially the potatoes - what a great surprise and I'll bet they are tasty... Have a wonderful weekend :)

http://thejoyfulservant.com

Tanya said...

loved your post,