Saturday, April 4, 2009

Whirlwind of a Week

Thankfully this week is coming to a close. Ever had one of those horrible, terrible, no good, very bad days? Try a week of them and let me know how you're doing! I'm glad tomorrow begins a brand new week. It won't erase the pain of last Monday. In fact, that's sort of the oddity of God's sovereinty. I am confident, God has everything sorted out about the hundreds or more people who have pain because of Logan's death. God's big enough to handle our tears, our questions, our worries, our emptiness, our lack of faith, our anger. In fact, he says to bring your burdens to Him and He will give you rest. Rest. -Something that hasn't come easy to me these past few days. In the sorrow I find comfort only in the fact that Logan Matak knew Jesus. Much more often are the questions, the sadness, the empathy for his family, the sadness for his friends. I go from laughing about Logan's silliness to crying because life was taken so early. I rejoice in the impact his life and death had on others for the cause of Christ, and I turn around and in the same breath of joy, hold back tears of grief because of the emptiness his death leaves in so many lives.

My randomness will soon return to normalcy. In time to come, things will get easier and there will be more joy than sadness. For his parents, my prayer is they find strength and comfort in the many hands and feet of Jesus that surround them, that the body of Christ will step up to the challenging task of bearing one another's burdens and that the community will know and love Jesus more- not less- because of this circumstance.

No comments: