Sunday, April 19, 2009

Following...



For all my non-Grace Bible Fellowship Friends, I need to fill you in. After a ton of prayer and another ton of tears, Bruce resigned his position as pastor of Grace Bible Fellowship this morning. The hardest and best thing we have ever done in our entire lives.

Let me explain. GBF was a great place for Bruce to work. It has allowed him to do what he does best. Love and encourage people and in that way help build the eternal kingdom of God. Small towns are a perfect fit for us. We love the hands on, hard work of small church ministry. Thing is...churches grow when you do ministry that way! And a small church doesn't stay small (praise God!). These last few months we have felt the tug of God on our hearts. And so, Bruce felt like it was time for us to move on and sit and see what God has next for us.

And so...here we sit. The announcement has been made, tears have been shed, hugs have been shared and words of encouragement have been spoken. A congregation has loved on us and now reality sets in.

As I was thinking of all the things that have happened over the last 2 1/2 years, my hope and prayer is that people I have had the priviledge of knowing would love Jesus more as a result of being with me. In the scheme of things it matters so little what people know of me...it's what they know of Jesus that is the most important thing in the world.

Next Sunday is our last Sunday with this body of believers...and friends. May God lead and guide their steps.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Gina, as you're ready, I'd like to hear more....I respect your privacy and the time and wisdom and prayer it took to make this decision. Email is a possibility, or just know that I'm praying! In Christ, Kathy