Saturday, March 28, 2009

Quad Cities Christian Writer's Conference

Imagine seventy-five writers, published and otherwise, gathered together in one place, for two days of intense training. What do you get?..a whole bunch of dangling participles, conjugated verbs and improper pronouns? I doubt it!

Over the last 48 hours I have been instructed on the "how to's" of marketing, pr, submitting articles, devotions, honing my skills and editing. It's been overwhelming, exhausting and exhilarating! New facebook friends will be added. New networking will begin and maybe...just maybe, I have gained a little confidence to submit an article somewhere down the line. Be afraid...very afraid.

I also had the opportunity to sit under Cec Murphey again. What a treat! It's been an amazing weekend and I look forward to digesting all I've heard and applying it to my blogging and other writing opportunities.

No comments: