Monday, March 30, 2009

Faithful or Faithfilled

Tough breaks pierce through the regularity of everyday life. Unexpectedly the turmoil replaces calm easy feelings with emptiness and fear. Struggles distract the joy of one day and interrupt the peace of another. Ever feel that way?

I'm wondering is it more important to be faithful or faithfilled? When I am empty I feel faithless. I wonder and wander. I question and command. I cry and I yell. The emotions are as varied as the hair color on my head! I want to be faithful, yet, in the middle of life's interruptions I find myself needing to be faithfilled. Filled up with the sweet fragrance of a Father who loves me. Refilled with the faith that is steadfast. Reminded of a grace that is overwhelming. Emptied of the earth's own glory and filled only with the things that will resemble Christ.

I want to be faithful. What I am finding is the deep need to settle in for a good fillup of God's enormous supply of faithfilled things. His love, peace, goodness, kindness, gentleness. It's amazing that when I am recharged by the glorious beautiful presence of God, I am fervently and urgently aware of HIS faithfulness to me. Great is HIS faithfulness...and Lord, make me more like you.

Lamentations 3:23 They are fresh every morning; your faithfulness is abundant!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

That is such a great question Gina. My sister in law was just sharing some of that same kind of question and thought for her own life, and of course I too have posed this very question. I'm going with faithful!