Monday, September 27, 2010

Thankful Monday

Yes, I know...usually these posts get saved for Thursdays, but I've been a slacker for weeks now and I know I need to write these things down before I forget them...or worse....neglect to thank the Giver of all good gifts.

1. I'm thankful for God's direction in my life. I feel like He's always revealing something new lately and I am thankful for a new awareness He's given me.

2. I am thankful for a godly husband. I take this for granted sometimes, but every now and then something happens to jerk me back to reality and lately there's been a lot of that going on. Thank you Lord.

3. My home. It's not a mansion but it's perfect for us. Roomy and comfy and peaceful. Being away from it everyday makes me thankful for it's coziness.

4. Supportive friends. This includes a multitude of people that have helped me make the adjustment back into the world outside of my front door. Working from home certainly spoiled me, but thanks to friends, supportive co-workers and an energetic family, the transition back to the classroom has been easier than expected.

5. My kids. They are like most....resilient. I'm amazed at how well they are doing in school and excited abut the new things they are learning.

6. My students. God has given me the perfect class. No...they aren't perfect kids...but they are the perfect kids to be with me this year. He knew exactly who needed me....and who I needed and I couldn't feel more peace about His arrangements! I see how so much of my past experiences with people have helped to equip me to deal with the challenges...and blessings of this class.

7. Motivation. Ugh....I feel it coming. It's that time of year when I start wanting things in my life to be more ordered. But I am thankful for this feeling of motivation.....more order equals more time.....equals more fun. I hate to even write this out loud....but...I am also feeling more motivated to be healthier....darn it....now the cat's out of the bag. Don't get too excited....I won't be blogging about it anytime soon.

8. Challenges. Even though they are extremely difficult and sometimes frustrating, I see how God uses them to strengthen me and help me become more dependent on Him. I love watching Him work out all the details and prove Himself time and time and time again.

9. FALL....it's my favoritest season of all.

10. God's Word. His love letter to me. His instruction manual for everyday. Thankful for it's sting, it's message and it's healing power in my life. So glad it is alive!!!

Now it's your turn....what are you thankful for today???

No comments: