Friday, September 10, 2010

Achoo.........

It's football season.....I wondered why my allergies were acting up this week....and then I remembered....I'm allergic to this season....not fall....but football. Really. Allergic.

The week started with beginning the preschool regime and I woke up Tuesday morning with a horrible sore throat. Great! Just in time for the first day of school. It didn't get much better throughout this week...but I did take some good medicine that put me out of my misery for a good portion of the day and night!

People that suffer from allergies can't always avoid all the things associated with the allergies. Pollen flows freely through the air, friends have cats and dogs, people wear perfume. So, you learn to deal with the sneezing, watery eyes and scratchy throat. Sometimes it's worth it...pretty flowers in the spring newborn kittens and puppies, your man's cologne and then again....sometimes it's not. Football season is much the same for me. I don't like watching the sport (or playing it FYI) but I do enjoy the camaraderie of a tailgate party, chips and dip on a wintry Saturday afternoon or Monday night... with friends huddled around the TV, the feel of fall in the air, the smell of burgers on the grill and other fine grillery (yes, I know this isn't a word).  So, even though I am allergic to football season, I tolerate it for the finer things...the friends, good fellowship, good food, cooler weather.... And even if I'm suffering from one of my attacks (whining about how stupid the sport is)....know that deep down inside, I'm pretty happy that we're all stopping all the busyness of life for a few hours and spending it together...even if you are screaming at the TV! It's worth it.

No comments: