1. Never underestimate the power of a hug....given or received.
2. Before giving children glue....you really do have to tell them not to eat it!
3. Punctuality is not important to preschoolers....except when going to snacktime or recess.
4. There are times that "many hands" do not make "light work".
5. Nose picking appears to be an Olympic sport that most preschool students earned a gold medal in.
6. Some teachers NEED a diet coke before they start the day....I am one of those.
7. As a teacher you do not need to buy "back to school clothes" to wear during the first 2 weeks of school. Otherwise, you'll be wearing home the hand and footprints of each of your students.
8. Snack time is a sanity break...which should probably require a chocolate bar.
9. Before you teach the 3R's you have to teach kindness. Some kids don't know about it.
10. Hugs, I love you, stickers and smiley faces make most things better.