This week's weather forcast appears to be bringing some much needed rain to my neck of the woods...and I am already thinking...What on earth am I gonna do with the kids?
So I've started making a list....maybe it can help you on your next rainy day or Monday....they don't have to always get you down!
1. Make a tent....the kind with kitchen chairs and an old sheet.
2. Rent a movie ON DEMAND. It's gonna cost you $3.99 for something recently in the theaters or you can grab an older one for $2.99 or so....but the benefit is 2 hours of happy, occupied kids. OR watch something you have on hand...for free!
3. Tackle a project....clean out a closet or sort through toys. It won't take all day but you will all feel like you haven't wasted the day....then reward yourselves by taking time to....
4. Bake cookies
5. Make homemade playdough
6. Read together
7. Finger paint.
8. Write letters to grandparents (or draw pictures)
9. Play tournament games...checkers, Candyland, Connect Four, Uno, Monopoly, Wii
10. Order Pizza for delivery
And if all else fails......PLAY IN THE RAIN!
So, what do you do with your kids on bad weather days?