Saturday, September 5, 2009

Home Sweet Home

This past week Savannah (7) said, "Mom, we don't have a home do we?"

I guess she's finally realized that after 2 months of living in the RV in Sulphur Springs we aren't going back to our traditional brick home in Gunter. Her statement kind of caught me by surprise. My eyes welled up a little and I found it hard to swallow momentarily. I quickly glanced at Bruce and he had that deer in the headlights look so I knew he wasn't going to be his especially helpful self with this one.

So, gently I tried to explain to Savannah what home is all about. Tell me if you agree.

Home isn't a place. It's a feeling of security offered by people who love you. It's wherever the people you call family are. For us right now, it's an RV, but it could just as easily be a brick home or an apartment. The presence of the people we love is what makes us feel loved, secure, capable and transparent. It's not the stuff you have. It's no the amount of space. It's not the modern conveniences you have or don't. It's not the price of your mortgage. For us, it's wherever we can all be together.
After I talked to Savannah about all this, Tucker, who was listening in on it all, appropriately announced "RV sweet RV".....we all had a good chuckle. That kid cracks me up.

I wouldn't give this experience up for anything. God knew just what the Stinson family needed. In His wisdom He knew we needed a time of adventure. He knew we needed to have some fun. He knew we needed to be together..I mean REALLY together. He knew we needed to build up some trust in His provisions.

It's with all that thankfulness that I am so excited to announce we are buying a great house in Sulphur Springs. We haven't sold our Gunter home (please keep this at the top of your prayer list) but God has made it possible for us to move forward with the move into a beautiful home around the first part of October. It's a charming older brick home with a large, beautifully landscape yard..with 2 goldfish ponds to boot, a covered patio, 3 bedrooms and 2 baths, formal living, cute kitchen, large den...and the most appealing factor of all....the same paint color scheme in my Gunter house so I won't have to lift a paint brush (can you believe it?) God is so good!

I'll post pictures as soon as we get the house...before and after move in...because I know you are sitting on pins and needles waiting to see

I'm severely addicted to HGTV on a normal day...but now even more. I get so excited about decorating and fixin' up! ...and how great that we are moving during my favorite season of the year.

Thank you Lord for the home you've given us over the last 2 months...and for the one we will have in October....and the one you are preparing for me in heaven....the ultimate home sweet home.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Gina, that is a wonderful story with a tender and merciful ending. Our love to you and your family as He shapes your hearts and lives as He so carefully desires.-Kathy

Terri said...

Your kids are so precious and I love this story!!

F. Deaton said...

Love it! Can't wait till you are all settled in!!!

Kathy said...

Unrelated to your post, but I just wanted to say how much I love the Steve Green song, "Be at Rest" that is on your play list. It was my introduction to what is usually a busy day today. Blessings!-Kathy

Journaling Gina said...

Kathy,
Isn't that just the best song. I hadn't heard it til I was searching for another song of his. Have you heard the song he sings entitled "He is good"? I sang that to Savannah as a she feel asleep when she was a baby.