Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Things I am learning at Bible Study


The ladies at church get together once a week to discuss our Esther Bible Study, what God is showing us, and for fellowship. It's one of the highlights of the week.
God is showing me so much in this study. Here's a glimpse of what I am learning this week:

1. "I" am not as important as I sometimes think I am. (Haman)
2. God's timing is perfect (King Xerxes reading the journals just in time to make a way of escape for Mordecai)
3. Prayer and Fasting releases me from doing anything and gives God permission to do everything.
4. God takes care of His people...no matter who or what...He will always take care of Israel.
5. Past experiences of trusting God should help me trust easier, quicker and more fully in the future.
6. Less of me=More of HIM.
7. No recognition, praise, honor, money, thing can compare to the glorious moment when I stand before Christ. My prayer is He will be able to say "well done". Nothing else should matter.
8. Fear of failure is more than likely for me, fear of humiliation...which is pride.
9. My insecurities should be checked at the door as I am reminded who I am in Christ.
10. Dying to myself will be the hardest battle I will ever face.

No comments: